WatchGuard Uses Lastline’s Cloud Based Sandbox to Combat APTs
Lastline is proud to power WatchGuard APT Blocker, which is currently available in WatchGuard UTM (Unified Threat Management) and NGFW (Next Generation Firewall) appliances.
Here is how this joint solution works:
- WatchGuard UTM and NGFW products extract suspicious objects (ex. PDF or Word attachments) from the network, after passing through traditional security layers such as AV (Anti-Virus), to be analyzed for APTs, zero-day threats, and advanced malware.
- Lastline hosts a cluster of next-generation sandboxes, a component of the Lastline advanced malware protection platform, to analyze objects gathered by WatchGuard appliances.
- Objects identified to contain APTs or other forms of advanced malware are reported back to WatchGuard appliance in a matter of minutes.
- WatchGuard appliances are able to stop APTs on the network and report pertinent information on WatchGuard Dimension, a solution that turns raw network data into actionable security intelligence.
Lastline’s advanced malware protection platform is highly interoperable with various security solutions. To learn more about how you may be to work with Lastline’s platform, feel free to contact us.
Latest posts by Brian Laing (see all)
- Tracking the Evolution of Organizations’ Email Threat Defenses - September 4, 2019
- How to Take Account Takeover Fraudsters Out to the Curb - August 15, 2019
- Can You Hack My Network? Why Ethical Hacking is Essential for Improving Your Security - July 18, 2019