Lastline Enterprise v4.7 Delivers Increased Security With Support for VMware ESX
Latest release marks first solution to combat advanced persistent threats in highly distributed and virtualized network environments
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. –(BUSINESS WIRE)– Lastline, Inc., a provider of active malware defense technology for enterprise networks, today announced the availability of Lastline Enterprise v4.7, which adds new capabilities to address the threat of advanced malware, advanced persistent threats (APTs), active backdoors, and targeted attacks within highly distributed environments. With the ability to deploy Lastline Enterprise management and analysis engines on-premise or as a hosted solution, companies are able to rapidly and easily scale out “intelligent sensors” on bare metal and VMware ESX instances throughout their networks, as needed.
“As networks become more distributed, businesses are embracing virtualization technologies to run their critical systems. Because of this evolution, the need to protect these environments using virtual infrastructure from highly evasive and targeted cyber threats is more important than ever,” said Richard Stiennon, chief research analyst, IT-Harvest. “Technologies designed to detect and defend against APTs that run in virtualized environments, like VMware, will have a significant advantage addressing distributed networks that are common in prominent verticals, such as the retail industry.”
Leveraging years of research on identifying evasive malware in large-scale networks, Lastline Enterprise v4.7 introduces a revolutionary approach to malware defense by supporting deployments on virtualized environments that are running on VMware ESX servers. Lastline Enterprise’s high-resolution malware analysis engine analyzes individual processor instructions and memory accesses, providing a fidelity that exceeds competing approaches. This fine-grained analysis level allows for the identification of stealthy malicious behaviors and evasion techniques that prevent traditional sandbox-based systems from correctly detecting malware samples.
Benefits of the new Lastline Enterprise v4.7 include:
- Rapid deployment – IT Administrators are able to quickly deploy, set-up and manage Lastline Enterprise within virtualized environments.
- Everywhere defense – Providing a multi-protocol defense against all attack vectors, Lastline Enterprise 4.7 VMware ESX protects an organization’s web, file, mobile, and email infrastructures.
- Android APK analysis – Added detection capabilities for mobile APT Security for Android apps.
- Advanced reporting – Lastline Enterprise v4.7 features extended analysis reporting capabilities that provide data for security operations of underline analysis that was used to detect advanced malware.
- Incredible value – Lastline Enterprise v4.7 is an ideal solution for large, complex networks, including virtualized environments, which are prevalent in large F1000, MSSP and service provider organizations.
Lastline Enterprise analyzes both the objects that enter a network and the traffic being generated by the internal hosts to provide the network security administrator the most up-to-date view of internal malware infections and attempted targeted attacks.
“As hackers continue to evolve their attack techniques, businesses are also growing their networks with both physical and virtualized environments,” said Jens Andreassen, CEO, Lastline. “In following both of these evolutions and based on years of development, we are introducing the first virtual APT solution that can be fully integrated into an enterprise’s virtual and physical distributed network. We have made our comprehensive APT Security quick to implement, easy to deploy and cost-effective, compared to traditional appliance-only models that are cost-prohibitive and fail to offer virtualization support.”
To detect advanced malware on your network and to upload files for advanced malware analysis, get your free trial of Lastline Enterprise and Lastline Analyst at www.lastline.com. For more information on Lastline Enterprise v4.7 and how it can be deployed in your virtual environment, please visit www.lastline.com/product/4.7.
Lastline delivers the most effective and comprehensive security platform to detect, stop, and manage targeted attacks, advanced persistent threats, zero-day exploits, and evasive malware designed to bypass traditional security products. Lastline was founded by world-renowned security researchers who have been analyzing next generation threats over the past decade. The Lastline founders also created Anubis and Wepawet, free, advanced malware analysis services that are used by more than 80,000 users from security, enterprise, and government organizations.
Lastline provides high-resolution and real-time malware analysis of network, email, web, file and mobile attacks. Lastline solutions are cost effective and can be easily deployed as on premise software and cloud-based service throughout an organization’s environment. To detect advanced malware on your network or to upload files for advanced malware analysis, get your free trial of Lastline Enterprise and Lastline Analyst at www.lastline.com/products. For more information, please visit www.lastline.com.
Heather Fitzsimmons, 650-800-7160
Latest posts by Lastline (see all)
- C-Suite in the hot seat – Execs’ responsibility regarding digital security - August 14, 2019
- CyberWire Daily Podcast: Interview with Giovanni Vigna on Black Hat 2019 (begins at 7:05) - August 1, 2019
- Three Questions To Ask AI Solution Vendors That Claim They Use Artificial Intelligence - August 1, 2019