Telcos deploy Lastline Defender™ to identify the threats that have been engineered to evade these legacy security controls. Lastline Defender not only detects what they miss, it also makes these systems more effective in that it was designed to share data with existing security controls. Lastline’s high-fidelity insights enable security teams to automate workflows when Lastline Defender detects malicious activity, accelerating and simplifying threat response.
Telcos rely on Lastline to maintain voice and data service availability in many ways, including:
- Make existing staff, processes, and products more effective by using high-fidelity threat information generated by Lastline to automate workflows and accelerate and simplify incident response.
- Monitor network traffic for lateral movement of threats emanating from systems compromised away from corporate security controls
- Protect employee systems from being compromised by malicious attachments (e.g., designed to steal credentials to critical systems) or links to malicious sites designed to fool users into divulging credentials
- Eliminate false positives and validate alerts generated by other tools, reducing the need to allocate scarce IR staff to conduct manual verification of alerts
- Visualize the complete attack chain with specific identification of all systems and data sets affected at each stage
- Prioritize and accelerate incident response by identifying the highest-risk threats operating in the network